CHICAGO (CBS) — A minimum of 26 folks have been shot in Chicago to this point this weekend, and two of the victims have died.
The shootings included a mass capturing Saturday evening on the Close to West Facet.
4 folks have been wounded, three of them critically, in a capturing Saturday evening on the Close to West Facet.
Police stated 4 males have been on the road within the 200 block of South Maplewood Avenue round 7:10 p.m., when a automobile pulled up, and somebody inside began capturing.
All 4 males have been wounded, and brought to Stroger Hospital of Cook dinner County:
- A 23-year-old man was shot within the again and facet, and was in essential situation;
- A 27-year-old man was shot within the hand and leg, and was in essential situation;
- A 28-year-old man was shot within the again and leg, and was in essential situation
- A 20-year-old man was shot within the ankle, and was in good situation.
A minimum of three of the victims of this weekend’s shootings are underneath age 18, together with two boys who have been shot late Friday evening whereas in a automotive in Albany Park.
Chicago police say at 11:40 p.m. within the 3000 block of West Lawrence somebody in an SUV opened fireplace on the automotive the boys have been in. The boys have been within the again seat.
They have been each taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Heart. The 12-year-old was shot within the leg and was stabilized. The 14-year-old was shot behind the neck and was in essential situation.
A number of hours earlier, a 4-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man have been shot throughout a funeral in West Garfield Park.
Police stated the 2 have been close to a sidewalk within the 4000 block of West Washington Boulevard round 7:15 p.m. after they have been shot from an unknown route. Household was gathered for a funeral in West Garfield Park.
The 19-year-old man, who was the supposed goal, was struck within the stomach and buttocks and brought to Mount Sinai Medical Heart in essential situation. The 4-year-old lady was struck within the foot and transported to Stroger Hospital in good situation.
Round 9:10 p.m. Friday, a 38-year-old man was shot and killed within the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
Police stated the sufferer was within the entrance passenger seat of a automotive headed west on the 3400 block of West Division Road, when somebody in one other automobile began capturing. The person was shot within the face, and the motive force took him to Humboldt Park Well being Hospital, the place he was pronounced useless.
Lower than an hour later, a 31-year-old man was shot and killed within the South Shore neighborhood.
Police stated the sufferer was shot within the chest whereas within the hallway of his condo advanced within the 1700 block of East 67th Road shortly earlier than 10 p.m. Friday. He was taken to College of Chicago Medical Heart, the place he was later pronounced useless.
In different shootings since 5 p.m. Friday, police stated:
- At 5:40 p.m. Friday, two males have been driving within the 4100 block of West Adams Road in West Garfield Park, after they heard gunshots from an unknown route. A 30-year-old man was shot within the hand and shoulder, and a 27-year-old man was shot within the leg. The victims drove to Loretto Hospital, the place they have been listed in good situation.
- At 7:33 p.m. Friday, a 33-year-old girl was driving north within the 2500 block of North Cicero Avenue within the Cragin neighborhood, when she seen two males following her in a black Acura. The girl tried to make a u-turn, however one of many males shot her in the proper hand. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good situation.
- At 11:26 p.m. Friday, a 26-year-old man was getting out of a automotive within the 5400 block of West Augusta Boulevard in South Austin, when he heard a number of photographs and felt ache. The sufferer was taken to West Suburban Medical Heart with a gunshot wound to the leg. His situation was stabilized.
- At 11:30 p.m. Friday, a 20-year-old man was driving in a automobile within the 3800 block of West Harrison Road in Lawndale, when he heard photographs and felt ache. He suffered a gunshot wound to the jaw and mouth, and the motive force took him to Mount Sinai Hospital, the place he was listed in essential situation.
- At 12:48 a.m. Saturday, three girls have been driving west within the 200 block of West one hundred and fifth Road within the Fernwood neighborhood, after they heard a number of gunshots and felt ache. A 21-year-old girl was shot within the buttocks, a 23-year-old girl was shot in each ankles, and a 24-year-old girl was shot within the leg. They drove to Roseland Group Hospital, the place their situations have been stabilized.
- At 2:36 a.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old man was sitting in a parked automotive within the 1000 block of West 14th Road in College Village, when he heard photographs and felt ache. The sufferer suffered a gunshot wound to the face, and was taken to Stroger Hospital, the place he was stabilized.
- At 2:36 a.m. Saturday, two males have been in a automobile within the 13000 block of South Evans Avenue within the Altgeld Gardens neighborhood, when somebody in a crimson sedan shot them. A 38-year-old man suffered a number of gunshot wounds to the pelvic space, and a 39-year-old man suffered 4 gunshot wounds to the physique. Each victims have been taken to College of Chicago Medical Heart in essential situation.
- At 3:40 a.m. Saturday, a 27-year-old girl and a 38-year-old man have been strolling within the 11500 block of South Eggleston Avenue in West Pullman, after they heard a number of photographs fired. Each victims have been shot within the buttocks, and have been taken to Roseland Group Hospital, the place their situations have been stabilized.
- At 8:24 a.m. Saturday, a 49-year-old girl was discovered on the sidewalk within the 3400 block of West Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park, with a gunshot wound to the left arm. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, the place her situation was stabilized.
- At 8 p.m. Saturday, a 22-year-old man was close to a house within the 7900 block of South Drexel Avenue within the East Chatham neighborhood, when somebody walked up and shot him within the facet. The sufferer was taken to College of Chicago Medical Heart in good situation.
- At 8:05 p.m. Saturday, a 27-year-old man was inside a enterprise within the 500 block of South Kostner Avenue in West Garfield Park, when he acquired right into a combat with somebody who left the enterprise, and got here again with a gun, and shot the person within the leg and stomach. The sufferer was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in severe situation.
#Killed #Wounded #Weekend #Shootings #Chicago