OnePlus rolls out OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for OnePlus 10T users in India
Smartphone maker OnePlus has rolled out the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update to OnePlus 10T users. The smartphone maker says the update is only for India. The OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update for the OnePlus 10T comes a few days after the OnePlus 9RT OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update.
If you are someone who wants to try the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta update for your OnePlus 10T, you must ensure that your device runs on OxygenOS version 12 (A.08 / A.10). Since the software is beta software, it is not as stable as the official OTAs. The latest update offers improvements, new features, and various optimizations. Users should keep a backup copy of their data before updating their smartphone.
Steps to install the update
- Download the specified ROM upgrade zip package from the specified server.
- Copy the ROM upgrade package to the phone memory.
- Go to Settings -> About device -> Version -> Click Build number 7 times and enter the password, now you are in developer mode.
- Go back to Settings -> About device -> Updates -> Click on the top right button -> Install locally -> Click on the respective installation package -> Extract -> Upgrade -> Complete All system upgrade to 100%.
- Once the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
The important changes in the update have been detailed below.
- Added Aquamorphic Design theme color for enhanced visual comfort.
- Apply the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and alive.
- Added Shadow Reflection Clock, with shadows simulating the direction of the sun and moon.
- Add a world clock widget on the Home screen to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrade to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with new behavior recognition, recognizing complex gestures and providing optimized interactions.
- Optimized UI layers for a cleaner and cleaner visual experience.
- Apply real-world physics to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Adjust responsive layout to fit different screen sizes for improved readability.
- Optimized widget design to make finding information easier and faster.
- Optimize fonts for better readability.
- Optimized system icons using the latest color scheme to make icons more recognizable.
- Enrich and optimize illustrations for features by incorporating cross-cultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting notes and connection experience, and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Add large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in a magnified folder with a single tap, and flip pages in a folder with a swipe.
- Added a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing and food delivery. (Only some apps are supported)
- Add media playback controls and optimize the Quick Settings experience.
- Add more markup tools to edit screenshots.
- Added support for adding widgets to the Home screen for more personalized information display.
- Add Toolbox Sidebar. You can open a floating window inside applications for smooth operation.
- Optimized Shelves. Swiping down on the Home screen shows Prices by default. You can search for content online and on your device.
- Screencast optimization, with streaming content automatically adapting to the target screen.
- Optimized headphone connection for a more seamless experience.
- Optimized Bitmoji to provide a variety of Always On Screen animations.
- Optimize Insight’s Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimized Display Always On Silhouette Portrait, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security and privacy
- Added automatic pixel binning for chat screenshots. The system may identify and automatically pixelate the profile picture and name shown in the chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Optimized Privacy Safety. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files to enhance the security of private files.
Digital health & wellbeing
- Add eye comfort in Kid Space to protect your child’s vision.
- Upgrade to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize frame rates and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.