Here’s how you can Message Yourself on WhatsApp
WhatsApp recently rolled out a “message yourself” feature for users. This feature allows users to send notes, photos, and more to themselves.
WhatsApp recently rolled out the much-needed “self-messaging” feature for its users. With this feature, you can send messages, photos, etc. to yourself on WhatsApp. If you don’t know about this feature and wonder how to use it then follow the steps below.
How to Use the Self-Messaging Feature in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android:
Messaging for yourself was previously available on the WhatsApp power app. User used to send message to their own phone number using WhatsApp URL link. However, not everyone likes this process, so the app has now integrated the same process into its messaging app.
Here’s how you can find and use your own messages in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android:
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Click the “New Chat” button at the bottom right.
- You’ll find your own phone number labeled “Message yourself” in the contact list.
- You can tap your contact to start chatting with yourself.
- But follow the steps below if you don’t want to see your phone number in the chat window.
- First, you need to save your personal phone number in “Contacts” on your iPhone or Android phone.
- This way, it will be easier for you to keep track of your father’s “messages”
- You can now send yourself texts as reminders, to-do lists, or share files across the web and mobile using this chat window.
- You can also forward photos or videos to yourself from other contacts.
- To do this, simply tap the “forward” button next to the media in the chat window. Then, select the “self-messaging” chat from the contact list in WhatsApp.
If you don’t want to use Self-Messaging, there are other ways you can start a conversation with yourself in WhatsApp. Check them out below.
Create a unique WhatsApp group to message yourself
While messaging itself is rolling out to all WhatsApp users globally, you can use this alternative to create a bookmark conversation in the messaging app. This is a famous hack that many people have been using for years, so let’s take a look at it:
- First, tap the “New Chat” button at the bottom right, then select the “New Group” option on the next page.
- Now let’s add some to this new group. Then give the group a name and tap the “checkmark” button at the bottom right.
- Go to the group’s settings, you’ll find a list of participants. Press and hold the name of the second participant besides you.
- Delete members. Then click the ok option in the pop-up to confirm your action.
- With this action, you will be the only participant in this group.
- Now you can use this WhatsApp group chat without any other member to message yourself, save memes, videos etc.